Elevating the Caymanian Talent Pool
- Undertake a comprehensive review of all employment related legislation, and introduce a new Labour Relations Act and a new Human Capital Development Act.
- Reform the existing WORC and Immigration departments, and prepare for a new Human Capital Development Authority in line with Vision 2008 (National Strategic Plan).
- Provide sufficient funding for tertiary education efforts, monitor and progress, and coordinate proper job placement for university graduates.
- Commission the formulation of a comprehensive national Human Capital Development strategy, including a national Skills Needs & Skills Availability assessment.
- Assess the costs and benefits of Integrating public schools, with all nationalities being eligible to apply, even if different Fee rates.
- Provide vocational and technical training programs, to ensure Caymanian employment, resilient, mentoring, and succession planning in the tourism industry and elsewhere.
- Revamp the Department of Labour & Pensions, to be more effective in Labour compliance and Employee Relations.